It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it." -Lena Horne

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chasing Away ...


If I pretend to care would that be lying? If I said I would always be there would that include dying? What is mine is yours so would I have to share? If I Loved you just enough would that be fair? Can you tell that I am cold or is it a front? Can you tell me what I need or are you manipulating my wants? Controlled by my own desire can I escape? Can your Love cure me or is it too late? Do I deserve you, I ask myself repeatedly? Or are my actions contradicting and I'm with you deceitfully? "They" never last long because I set myself up for failure. Like an onion in disguise I hide each layer. Chasing them away it becomes more clear. It's not because of them I can't find Love, it's just purely out of fear.