It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it." -Lena Horne

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

7 Day Sabbatical

Sometimes when your in a situation you need to remove yourself from it. By removing yourself your able to see the entire picture in a different perspective. Being in the situation can sometimes blind your judgment. Just recently I had to step out a situation in order to figure out what I wanted and self-reevaluate my actions and thought process. It's been two days since him and I have spoken (The situation) and these two days have been productive. I have committed to forgiving myself and accepting that I AM WRONG. I haven't forgave myself for several things and I won't be able to until I set things right in my past. But by committing to do whats right I will able to make good judgment and move forward. I learned that I can truly be happy if I forgive myself and others. But first I had to accept that I was in denial about my actions and I had to change for me.

Day 1: (acknowledgment) I learned that I do not own up to my actions and think impulsively. I accepted it and began to think deeper as to why that is. I came to the conclusion that for me it is not the action itself but why am I doing it or what has happened to make me want to do that action.

Day 2: (forgiveness) Today was a little different I wanted to implement what I learned yesterday. I figured the best way to do this was by contacting the people that have impacted my life in a negative way and forgive them. I'm still trying to complete this task so it might take two days. (but it will be worth it. :)

Day 3: ( forgiveness pt.2)